Wednesday, April 20, 2011

At the Saufley's in Agua Dulce

I have been staying at Donna Saufley's place (Hiker Heaven) in Agua Dulce for the last day, and I am enjoying my section hike on the PCT.  Section E was wonderful, and filled with poppies, water, and fair weather.  I am tackling Section C next, and I begin hiking at Cajon Pass tomorrow.  I am tackling Section C, because the re-route around Deep Creek is shorter than the huge 60-mile re-route that goes around the Station Fire burn area.  I leave tomorrow, and I will be on the trail for the next 132-miles.  Yipee!  Happy Trails.
Poppies are in Bloom in the Antelope Valley of California

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see you're still out there, Freefall. It must be nice to see the trail's differences from year to year, since with the various snow levels and burn closures there are plenty of things that seem to change frequently. Say hi to the PCT for me! -Guthook

Chris "Freefall" Sanderson said...

Hey Guthook! I definitely will. Kickoff starts next Thursday, and I am looking forward to the event. I hope all is well with you.