Thursday, March 10, 2011

Looks Like Great Weather Ahead

The rains have moved through Georgia, bringing with it cold temperatures and high winds. However, the weather report looks great for the next three days.

I am excited to get back on the Appalachian Trail. I am poising myself to hike 20-mile days up to Fontana Dam to meet up with Squatch there. Although this will be a short journey (3 1/2 weeks), it should be epic! I
The Hiker Hostel in the North Georgia Mountains

hope to check in again in four days with a full report with my impressions.

I am staying at a lovely hostel called the Hiker Hostel. This place is seriously the Taj Majal of hostels. It is a beautiful log cabin with three levels for hosting hikers. The owners, Josh and Leigh Saint, have decorated this place with all kinds of pictures from their previous hikes. This is the place to stay in North Georgia.

1 comment:

gvmama said...

Look forward to your bloggin' on the Appalachian trail.