Thursday, March 3, 2011

Appalachian Trail Hike: 3-Weeks

I learned the other day that I will only be on the Appalachian Trail for three weeks.  I figure that's enough time to scramble up to Erwin, TN (or perhaps a little further) before I have to catch a flight out of Knoxville.  This is certainly not bad news, because I am leaving the trail to interview for a job with a well-known trail organization.  Yep, I have the opportunity to land a dream job, so I have to go for it.

That said, after the interview, I plan to hop on the Pacific Crest Trail near Mojave, and hike south for a few weeks.  I am pretty excited about that.  Now, if only I can figure out a way to hike on the Continental Divide Trail for a few weeks, then the circle will be complete.  Who knows? It might happen.

I leave for Georgia in a week, and I getting excited.  I have a lot to do in the next week to prepare for the AT, and living the drifter lifestyle for the next two months.  Look for more updates here as March 11th approaches.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with that job interview! Working where your heart is fulfilled would be a dream come true for most folks! Good on ya.