Friday, September 5, 2008

Just off the Pacific Crest Trail

I am in Portland resting my tired legs and sore feet after a whirlwind of hiking over the past five days! Over the next two weeks, I will be adding my journals from the trip along with pictures and video, so stay tuned!

I will say that I enjoyed meeting many of the PCT hikers while hiking southbound from Panther Creek back to Cascade Locks. Although most hikers were still excited to be on the trail, many expressed a sense of urgency to finish before the bad weather begins in the northern Cascades, and a few hikers just seemed ready to be done with it.

So the story goes on the trail in southern Washington in early September. Regardless, I told them that they have much beauty ahead, and I made the bold prediction that they will have great weather ahead (it was crappy in Oregon!). If I was wrong they could blame God, not me! Hike boldly!

No comments: