Saturday, August 30, 2008

Kicking it Old School!

I will pack up my gear tomorrow morning, and I have decided to kick it old school on the trail.  Yes, I will bring the North Face Recon book bag on the trail - the same pack I used on the PCT in 2003. I have to really consider what I bring with me if I am using the book bag - I cannot pack a bunch of extra gear.  The only issue that concerns me is the stress on my shoulders that I will be experiencing from the weight of the pack.  

I talked to Neighbor J on the phone tonight, and he will be picking me up up in Portland.  Because of the planning that he is doing the Pacific Crest Trail Day on September 6th, he will be taking me up to Timothy Lake tomorrow night.  I will be starting a little earlier than planned.  No biggie since I am eager to get on the trail.  Here I come Mt. Hood!

No comments: