Friday, August 29, 2008

Flying to Portland Tomorrow

My flight leave San Francisco tomorrow at 2:50, and I cannot wait to get the heck out of here. The daily grind of work and play needs another hiking interruption.  I am also thinking the same thing about the yearly grind of work, work, work: it needs a 6-month hiking interruption.  With that said, I will use this trip as a litmus test for hiking the Continental Divide Trail next June.  If I am "geeked" to be out on the trail after 4-days, then it is seriously time to start making plans for the CDT.

On Sunday, I will be starting my hike at Timothy Lake, and then I will make my way north for the next six days.  I am considering some alternate routes around the Mt. Hood area, but I will need to make a run to REI in Portland to get a map and explore my options.  If necessary (and depending on how I feel) I will continue the hike up in Washington for a day or two, and then turn back to Cascade Locks for the Pacific Crest Trail Day gathering. I am bringing my video camera and regular camera, and I plan on snapping a lot of video and pics.  I can't wait to share them.

No comments: