Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ALDHA - West is this Weekend

The 15th Annual gathering of ALDHA-West is this weekend (September 24-26) at Camp Morning Star in Angelus Oaks, California.  Apparently, this is the first time that ALDHA-West will be gathering in southern California.  I have read through the grapevine (Facebook) that there are a lot of hiker trash and some trail angels (including the Andersons) that will be there this weekend. 

One of these days, I will make it there, but I get a feeling I will only make after I have fully completed the PCT, and my Triple Crown.  I am just 38-miles shy!  Nonetheless, I keep hearing great things about the event, and I should make it a priority to head there once a year.  That said, I already have ADZPCTKO and PCT Days in Cascade Locks on list for the year, and I just cannot make all the trail events.  Where are my priorities?

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, here's a video of Nimblewill Nomad getting his Triple Crown Award back in 2008.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Chris "Freefall" Sanderson said...

Gottago posted her account of ALDHA-West Gathering here