Sunday, November 11, 2007

Green Festival in San Francisco

I just got back from the Green Festival here in SF. Wow! I have never been so overwhelmed by organic energy bars, coconut oils, hemp juices and lavender lotions.  I put some lotion on my hands at 4:30, and they still smell strongly at 10:00!  Although the convention center was crowded, it was a worthwhile to attend the event, especially since there were a lot of beautiful, liberal, earth-goddess women there.  Yowza! Yowza! 

While I was there, I grabbed a catalogue from Green Tortoise Adventure Travel, which offers affordable adventures to select destinations throughout the United States.  They travel by bus, and along the way, participants help with meals and provide some direction for activities.  Sounds pretty cool.  

In my last post, I was thinking about a hike on the PCT over Thanksgiving, but now that I picked up this Green Tortoise catalogue, I am thinking about taking their trip to Death Valley on November 22-26.  What attracts me to this option is that I get to share an adventure with others who share an interest in an active outdoor experience.  Also, since I do not own a car, it is a great way to get out of the city and do some traveling.  My only hesitation is that the trip might not be as active as I would hope.  Also, what if I am the only old dude (37-years-old) on this trip?  Well, I think I am going to go for it anyway and get out of my comfort zone.  The total cost for the trip is $235 for a 3-day, 4-night trip, which I can totally afford.  Besides, my birthday is coming up, and I figure this would be a good birthday present to myself.  

So, here I come Death Valley.  My only hope is that there is still room on the bus for this trip.  I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

2 comments:

Susan Barnes said...

Sounds like a blast and you might find a soul mate! Go Green!

lena z said...

I'd love to hear how the trip goes. I've thought about doing it for years but never followed through.