Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Homemade Energy Bars

I have been making homemade energy bars lately. I got recipe off the web, and I modified it a bit to include some other ingredients that I like. I made my first batch on Saturday, and I dehydrated them for a day. Today, I tried my first bar, and I thought it tasted great. I made a second batch tonight, and I thought I'd write my recipe here:

1-cup Peanut Butter
1-cup Honey
1-cup Powdered Milk
1-cup Oats (finely chopped)
1/4-cup Raisins
1/4-cup Chopped Coconut
4-Tbsp. Wheat Germ
2-Tbsp. Flax Meal
2-Tbsp Molasses

Mix Ingredients together in a large bowl and shape into a bar with hands. Put into a dehydrator for about 8-hours. Let cool, and wrap for later hiking trips.

1 comment:

ADVENTUREinPROGRESS said...

Hey, thanks for that recipe, I think I will have to give that a try. It looks like it wouldn't be too hard to make gluten-free (a couple of us have that issue in our home).

If you are interested, I have started posting some trail recipes that we like on our blog too: http://bit.ly/3UxWm